HMY Royal Caroline

HMY Royal Caroline was a ship-rigged royal yacht. She was ordered in 1749 to replace HMY Carolina as Britain's principal royal yacht. She was built at Deptford Dockyard under the supervision of Master Shipwright John Hollond to a design by Surveyor of the Navy Joseph Allin. She was launched on 29 January 1750

- HMY Royal Caroline by John Cleveley the Elder, showing the ship in full sail and flying the red and blue ensigns and the common pennant.




Royal Navy EnsignGreat Britain
Name:HMY Royal Caroline
Ordered:22 August 1749
Builder:Deptford Dockyard
Launched:29 January 1750
Renamed:HMY Royal Charlotte in 1761

Post a Comment

0 Comments